As fire protection and suppression experts, we appreciate how vital the correct maintenance and inspection of such systems are when it comes to protecting both lives and property. This is why we are agents for Amerex, Ansul
and other leading wet chemical kitchen fire protection systems, and why we recommend these to our clients.
We have listed below a few things that you should bear in mind if you operate a wet chemical kitchen fire protection system.
- ASJ3772 requires that the inspections identified in the standard are undertaken by a competent trained service provider
- The pneumatic fire detection tubing must be replaced at intervals not exceeding three years
- The entire length of tubing must be replaced, either at the three year interval or following a fire incident
- If grease or coating build-up is excessive, a more frequent replacement interval will be required. Excessive build-up is defined as when material completely encircles the tube or fusible link at any point along its length
- Accumulator assembly must be replaced every five years from the date of installation, or more frequently if damage or corrosion is suspected
- The pneumatic release module O ring on the brass actuation piston must be replaced every six months
- Mechanical release mechanisms should be lubricated and tested every six months
- The agent cylinder and all hose assemblies must be hydrostatically tested at least every five years
- All fusible links are to be replaced at intervals not to exceed six months
- Nozzles and nozzle caps must be cleaned and/or replaced every six months
- The correct nozzle types must be used
- Nozzles must be secure and pointing in the correct direction
- A functionality test of the system must be carried out every 12 months
- An annual survey should be undertaken to ensure that the system operation is not impaired
By the very nature of the sites that wet chemical kitchen fire protection systems are utilised in, they are constantly exposed to extremes of heat, cleaning chemicals, and the corrosive effects of water and oils.
Fortunately, our highly trained team of kitchen fire protection system maintenance technicians are already highly familiar with the components that require close inspection. Along with our access to a wide range of spares and service items, our experts are able to provide the peace of mind that you need in what is probably one of the most fire susceptible areas of any building.